Wednesday, February 4, 2009
This was not what I pictured when I started baking these red velvet cupcakes for our MOPS fundraiser tonight:
The tops were uneven, the bottoms were lightly scorched, the papers were unrecognizable (you should be able to see cute little hearts all over them), and all of the cupcakes shrank once they cooled. It wasn't pretty.
I removed the yucky papers and trimmed the cakes into better shape.
I cut them into layers, settled them into new papers, and gave them a little frosting-in-the-middle height enhancement.
A little pipe of frosting on top and a few sprinkles later, these look pretty good compared to their pre-makeover selves!